The Manager on Duty role is integral to the success of Delivering WoW experiences to guests at Sky Zone. It includes performing a variety of duties, including opening and closing responsibilities such as assigning tills and preparing deposits, ensuring staffing is adequate to support guests and programs, conducting pre-shift meetings with the team, managing cleaning responsibilities, etc. In addition, the MOD is tasked with ensuring the park is a safe and fun environment by conducting park walks to support the team, interact with guests and observe and fix any problems with courts and system operations.
Every Sky Zone Manager and those in Lead roles will be responsible for Manager on Duty shifts and are expected to fulfill these responsibilities.
· Advocate for guest safety and satisfaction
· Use the Corporate application to conduct opening and closing checklists
· Review Team Member schedules to ensure appropriate staffing is available for the expected guest flow, including any scheduled events. Identify if adjustments need to be made.
· Count the safe and assign tills
· Conduct the Park Walk, using knowledge of park standards and operational activity to identify tasks to be completed by Team Members
· Note any safety concerns, including but not limited to ripped nets, worn trampolines, worn pads, tripping hazards, improper storage of items under or near trampolines, obstructed emergency exits.
· Confirm park systems (POS, Groups, Manager Console, video and camera system, etc) are functioning effectively.
· Ensure cleanliness and organization of guest-facing and non-guest facing areas
· Conduct a daily pre-shift meeting, including a positive WoW note, addressing any concerns and relaying manager meeting notes
· Delegate and monitor tasks needing completion following the Park Walk
· Coach, mentor, evaluate and recognize Team Members to Deliver WoW. Check-in with every Team Member on that shift, and conduct a “table touch” at every party on the hour.
· Receive any Team Member “call-offs” and work to remedy any staffing needs
· Communicate with other managers to ensure all Team Members are working toward the same goals.
· Review and assign park closing responsibilities to Team Members, the follow-up to ensure all tasks are completed to the standard
· Close tills, verify deposit, print the deposit sheet to include in deposit bag, and count the safe
· Send daily results to the management team and owners
· Ensure all doors are locked and all lights, video monitors, and televisions are in the off position
· Other duties as assigned
· This position is for evenings and weekends
· Lives the Sky Zone Core Values: Make it Fun, Keep it Safe, Be Healthy, Do Good and Deliver WoW
· Has an entrepreneurial mindset
· Holds him/herself and others to high standards
· Coaches and develops people
· Is passionate about and involved in the community
· Displays a WoW Personality